We've had such a large number of people contact us about how to make Laurie Berkner Band-related Halloween costumes, we decided to help come up with some ideas for you here!
There are a few ways you dress up for Halloween with the LBB!
You can be:
- Laurie, Susie, Adam, and/or Bobby
- The Rocketship on the cover of Rocketship Run
- A Googlehead
- Victor Vito or Freddie Vasco (polar bears!)
- A Bumblebee
- A Dinosaur
- Much more!
For those of you who want to put together a Laurie costume, here are some suggestions:
- Curly hair. You can wear a wig or curl your hair with a curling iron!
- A guitar. For the smallest Trick-or-Treaters, a ukulele will work great! Laurie's guitars are purple, blue, and sunburst. Lots of toy stores sell great kids guitars at a very affordable price. A fun, colorful strap is a great extra detail.
- An Outfit. Laurie has worn so many different types of outfits, but she always loves bright, fun colors! You can try wearing a pair of colorful tights or leggings with a contrasting dress (such as blue leggings and a yellow dress, or purple leggings and a red dress). The dress she is wearing on the cover of "Best of the Laurie Berkner Band" is made by a company (Desigual) that also has a kids section: Click Here! Get creative! If all else fails, do an internet search of "Laurie Berkner" and figure out which of her looks is best for you!
- A Pig For Your Head! You can sew or safety pin a headband on the bottom of a stuffed pig, make a pig hat, draw a pig onto construction paper and cut it out, then pin to your head, or even get a pig visor!
- A Microphone. Laurie uses a headset microphone for some shows, and a regular microphone for others - you can cut one out of paper, use one from an old karaoke machine, find one at a toy store, or turn a headband into a headset!
Susie wears lots of fun colors, too - you just need a mini keyboard (how about making one out of cardboard and painting it to look like piano keys?) instead of a guitar and brown, straight hair instead of curly!
Adam and Bobby also dress in bright colors - Adam plays the bass and Bobby plays the drums!
Maybe you can gather 4 friends and go as the whole band!
To make a Rocketship costume, you can check out the video for "Rocketship Run", or see the photo below:
Felt or foam can be shaped into these simple designs!
Want a simpler costume? To be a Googlehead, simply find or make a googly headband and shake your noodle head! You can wear a fun outfit that looks as Google-heady as you think a Googlehead looks!
Here are some photos of fans who made LBB costumes last year!!
Make sure you send us pictures! We can't wait to see them!!