We are almost there!
Yesterday, we tallied up our "green points" by taking a survey that gives points for every earth-friendly step we take in running the office. Our goal is to reach "Gold Certification" - a total of 200 "green points".
Some things that give us these points are:
- Changing our lightbulbs to CFL's
- Installing sink aerators to use less water
- Reusing materials as craft supplies, etc (see past blogs about this)
- Recycling everything we can't reuse
- Purchasing "carbon credits" to offset our carbon use when traveling and shipping items
- Using certified "green vendors" for all of our merchandise (Did you know our t-shirts are 100% Organic and Fair Trade, our shaky eggs are made from a sustainable fast-regrowth wood, and our posters are printed on 100% recycled paper using soy ink?)
- Printing double-sided
- Installing a filtered water system to cut our bottled water usage
- And much more!
After the assessment, we were thrilled to see we've reached almost 400 points! We can't wait to make it official - our Green Consultant, Michele, is busy finishing up the paperwork (which is mostly happening online to reduce the use of ACTUAL paper).
We hope to be certified as a Green Company in the next month or so!